Marketing Mavens has adopted a billing policy all customers must comply with:
• All accounts are set up on a prepay basis. Payment must be received by Marketing Mavens before any product or services are activated. Accounts to be paid by check must prepay twelve months of service in advance.
• All International clients must pay by credit card. Marketing Mavens will not accept international checks.
• Customers are responsible for keeping all credit card information current. All changes must be communicated to Marketing Mavens including changes to credit card type and expiration date, as well as a current e-mail address.
• All recurring charges are automatically generated, invoiced, and charged to the credit card on file according to contractual agreement. This includes monthly, quarterly and yearly charges.
• Charges are based on availability of products and services, not usage.
• Invoice and payment receipts are available to customers upon request.
Billing periods begin upon invoicing. Each customer is committed to the remaining term of the billing period and no refunds will be given. Customers are not required to use products or services during the period. Customers are free to close accounts at any time without any termination charges or fees. In event of cancellation, Marketing Mavens will not pro-rate any return for unused service and all outstanding invoices must be paid in full. For example, if a customer has an account paid monthly and decides to close it a few days after the last payment, no refund will be issued, whether in full or pro-rated. By using Marketing Mavens products and services, each customer understands and agrees to this billing period and understands that while no refund will be issued, customers are always free to keep accounts open for access for the full amount of time billed. Any block of time purchased will be delivered with in 31 days. There is no roll-over for unused time with in a given month. This time is purchased on a use-it or lose-it basis.
As a current or prior customer of Marketing Mavens, each customer agrees to provide Marketing Mavens 30 days to attempt settlement of any billing dispute before disputing with any third party, credit card company or bank. Marketing Mavens must be the first option in billing disputes. Should Marketing Mavens receive a chargeback or other reversed charge from a third party, Credit Card Company or bank on the customer’s behalf before Marketing Mavens has been given a chance to resolve the issue, Marketing Mavens has the right to collect on the rendered services and any fees associated with those disputes. Marketing Mavens charges a $50.00 Chargeback Fee per chargeback should a credit card company be used as a first resort in a billing dispute.
Not all billing disputes may be settled to a customer’s satisfaction. Once Marketing Mavens has been given first right to settle a billing dispute, a customer may then use any third party, Credit Card Company or bank in an attempt to settle the dispute. However, Marketing Mavens still retains the right to collect on any rendered services or fees that are due. Should Marketing Mavens be unable to reverse any disputed amounts with a third party, credit-card company, or bank, Marketing Mavens will submit the full delinquent amount to a third party collection service.
Marketing Mavens accepts payments via credit card, PayPal and occasionally check. Payment by check is on a per customer basis and must be agreed to by Marketing Mavens. Checks must be paid in US dollars and issued from a US bank. Marketing Mavens currently accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards.
• Credit Card Billing: All credit cards are automatically charged on the customer’s specific billing cycle date. If the credit card is declined, Marketing Mavens will attempt to charge the card on file once a day for 30 days.
• Prepay: Any software or services paid on an annual basis do not qualify for a refund if canceled at any time during the year of the billing cycle.
• Late Fee: All accounts more than 15 days past due will be assessed a late fee of $15.00. Three attempts to contact the customer will be made before any late fee is assessed.
• Disabled: All accounts 15 days past due will be disabled until balances are paid in full. When disabled, all access will be suspended and data will be unavailable.
• Collections: After an account is delinquent for 60 days, it will be deactivated. The account record and delinquent balance may be passed on to a third party collection service. Once deactivated, the customer will be required to pay a new application fee when customer decides to start up services again in the future.
• Chargebacks: If a customer initiates a chargeback, either by mistake or fraudulently, Marketing Mavens will assess a $50.00 processing fee for each individual chargeback. Once a chargeback has been received, Marketing Mavens will immediately suspend the account until the matter is resolved. If a chargeback against Marketing Mavens is performed by a customer to avoid payment (fraudulent chargeback), we will assess the $50.00 fee and add it to the account total. This will then be turned over to a third party collection service.
• Returned Checks: Marketing Mavens charges a $50.00 processing fee on all returned checks.
• Collections Fee: In the event an account is submitted to third party collections service, a $15 processing fee will be assessed. This fee is in addition to any other fee previously assessed on the account.
Marketing Mavens will not issue any refunds outside the explicit terms of the agreement, whether in full or pro-rated. In other words, if a customer signs up and receives a 30 free trial, no refund will be given if cancellation takes place after the 30 days. All refunds are on a per customer basis and will be made by company check within 30 days of receipt of cancellation.
Due to security concerns (such as fraudulent cancellations), all account cancellations must be done through an Marketing Mavens representative. E-mail, fax, or other media requests will not constitute acceptance of any cancellation. Only phone conversations with an Marketing Mavens representative will create a cancellation request. Each customer will receive an email confirmation upon the cancellation of the account. Customers are encouraged to keep records of all cancellation communication. Cancellations will take effect on the last day of the billing period in which the cancellation request was received.
• In the case of website hosting, if the customer transfers the website to another host, changes the website URL or no longer uses the service, it is important to understand Marketing Mavens has no way of knowing this and it will not constitute account cancellation. Marketing Mavens must be explicitly informed of every cancellation request.
• Closing an account with Marketing Mavens cannot be done by simply canceling the credit card.
Marketing Mavens will continue to treat this as an open account and send it through our billing cycle. The end result is a past due account that will be turned over to a third party collection service.
It is imperative that account cancellation is done by contacting an Marketing Mavens representative to ensure account closure.
• Cancellation of an account does not necessarily close that account. Any account balance past due or delinquent must be settled before closing of an account is possible. All cancelled accounts with an outstanding balance are automatically turned over to a third party collection service.
• Returning customers (previous members who cancelled their membership or wish to add a second website) WILL be required to pay the certification fee. There will be no 30-Day free trial for any website application that follows the primary membership.
• Customers who choose to pay by check forfeit their 30-Day free trial and are required to pay for one year (12 months) of service in advance.
Release and Waiver. Client agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Marketing Mavens and its employees, agents, contractors, and suppliers against any and all losses, accidents, damages, injuries, expenses and claims resulting in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from any and all Services Provided.
Client understands that Marketing Mavens does not and cannot guarantee success or any particular result. While we shall use our best professional efforts to achieve a successful result, we can make no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, as to the successful performance of your business.
* For any questions or concerns about our Billing Policy, please contact Marketing Mavens.